The Wasatch County Board of Health consists of volunteer members appointed by the various governing entities located within the county boundaries.
The Board of Health meets monthly with health department staff. At these meetings, members of the Board are presented with information about the health department's on-going activities and provide direction to staff and administration. Board members are responsible for determining, monitoring, and evaluating the goals of the agency and the programs implemented to meet them.
The responsibilities of the Board of Health include (but are not limited to):
- Regular attendance and active participation in Board of Health meetings
- Setting or advising on public health policy
- Hiring, evaluating, or firing of the Health Director
- Reviewing operational data
- Approving proposed or continuing health department programs
- Adoption of an annual budget