Wednesday, July 17, 2019
You are here Programs Environmental Health Food Service
Contact Information Minimize

For questions regarding food handlers and food safety

Dwight Hill, BS, LEHS
Environmental Health
Food Service

Food Service Establishment Permit


Food Truck Permit


Temporary Food Event Permit

Temporary food permits are issued for 1-14 consecutive days only

The cost of a temporary food permit is $20 a day if applied for at least 7 days before an event; $30 a day if applied for within 7 days of the event; and $50 a day if applied for on the same day of the event.


Food Safety Manager Permit

Food safety managers must complete approved training, pass a test from the training provider, then register with the health department to receive a Food Safety Manager permit.  Below are links to approved training providers as well as the health department's Food Safety Manager permit application.

Approved Food Safety Manager Training (listed alphabetically):

Application for Food Safety Manager Permit from Wasatch County Health Department


Food Handler Training and Permit

  • Click HERE for a list with hyperlinks of approved online food handler training providers



Food Illness Tracking Website

The Utah Department of Health has launched a new website to help people report food related illnesses. Individuals are encouraged to submit a secure, private, confidential report online to public health professionals if they think they get sick after something they ate. Quick reporting and action is extremely important in investigating food borne illnesses. 

Save this website in your favorites, on your phone, or in your head to quickly report a food related illness.  

Privacy StatementTerms Of UseCopyright (c) 2019 Wasatch County Health Department

BorderBoxedBlueBoxedGrayBlue Small width layoutMedium width layoutMaximum width layoutMaximum textMedium textSmall textBack Top!