How can WIC help my family?
- You will receive checks (vouchers) to buy healthy foods such as milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole wheat bread, tortillas, whole grain rice, juice, eggs, cereal, dry or canned beans, peanut butter and jars of baby food.
WIC encourages all women to breastfeed. It is the best food for babies. If a baby is not breastfed, WIC may provide some infant formula. WIC does not supply enough formula to feed your baby for one month. You may still have to buy more formula at the end of the month.
- A simple health assessment by a WIC professional.
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.
- Support and information to help you have a positive breastfeeding experience.
- Help in finding health care and other community services including:
- Prenatal care
- Well child exams
- Health care
- Medicaid, food stamps and the Family Employment Program
- Substance abuse treatment centers
- Food banks