What to expect at my appointment:
Any information that you share at the WIC clinic is confidential and will not be shared with others without your permission. Please talk to the local clinic if you have difficulty providing any of the information below.
1. You will be asked to show:
- Proof of Income for the past 30 days such as paycheck stubs, current month Medicaid card, unemployment checks, food stamp letter, etc.
You are automatically income eligible for WIC services if you participate in Medicaid, Food Stamps, or Family Employment Program (TANF).
- Proof of Identification for each individual in your household applying for WIC such as a current Medicaid card, birth certificate, pay check stub, hospital bracelet or crib card (must have date of birth and last name), driver’s license, etc.
- Proof of Residency must have a street address, not a P.O. box, and must be current. Examples are a utility bill, Medicaid/PCN card, rent or mortgage receipt, pay check stub, bank statement, etc.
After confirming that you meet the income and residency requirements, you will be asked to read and sign the participant rights and responsibilities - agreeing to follow WIC program policies.
2. Health and nutrition assessment
Next you will receive a health assessment from a WIC Professional. This involves being weighed, measured, and having a finger stick to determine your iron level. You will also be asked about your medical history and diet. This will determine if you have a nutritional reason to qualify for the WIC Program.
At this time you will have the opportunity to have a private consultation with a WIC Nutrition Professional who will help you find ways to improve your health through better nutrition and health habits. You will also receive referrals to health care and community services.
3. Program orientation
Then you will view a short video that will explain how to use the checks at participating stores in Utah. Vendors in Wasatch County are Day’s Market and Smith’s.
English — With English closed caption
Spanish — With Spanish closed caption
4. Receive Checks for Nutritious Foods
Then you will be given WIC checks which can be used locally at Day's Market, Ridleys, Smiths, and Walmart.
Click here to view WIC approved foods.